Your Details (Publicly Visible)
What Box Rocks
Continual, improving success in business development and operational management
High achieving former Chief Executive who believes that “profit” is not a dirty-word, but an enabler of; innovation, responsibility and development. Strong positive bias to action. Delivers clarity, brevity, simplicity, ownership, action and achievement. Achieves dramatic and consistent sales, profit and cash-flow growth; as well as engaging all employees with the strategic direction.
Delivers on strategy and adapts strategy as required to fit changing circumstances. Realises deep, enduring personal relationships with clients and employees across nationalities and cultures. Proven agent for positive change and constant improvement in business processes and personnel. Provides the support that successful risk-taking needs. Successfully introduced mission command and decision management, including individually mentoring staff, achieving dramatic improvement in cohesion and decision making throughout organisation, with significant positive P&L impact. Produced major increases in effective delegation and massive improvement in communication (all informed net). Efficient and effective.
Now determined to help other achieve further major success in a dynamic, challenging business environment, where a relentless passion for excellence and delivery of world class customer service are required. Can enable customer driven, non-nationalist, equitable, enterprise culture; with client and employee engagement that drives bottom-line and cash results for the benefit of shareholders, clients and employees.
· Profit (PBT) at 22% of net revenue.
· Three-hundred-fold unit sales growth, displacing household-name incumbents, whilst ensuring high profitability and despite real and increasing competition. Highest annual sales growth 200%; lowest annual growth 4%
· Acquired clients and expanded client base from 3 clients to 85 clients
· Developed value proposition and continued to grow both premium pricing and customer retention on the basis of a strong brand and innovation in an industry dominated by commoditisation.
· Incorporated design principles into every aspect of the business
· Zero debt, strong Balance Sheet.
· Continuous innovation in high function, high value products, delivered with WOW!
· Positive culture – Exemplary employee engagement (95%) and retention (average of 5% employee turnover p.a, over 10 years). Created and maintained customer driven, non-nationalist, enterprise culture. Gender blind – gender pay identical
· Successfully implemented decision management tools to enable successful mission command ethos. Introduced and held all accountable for extreme ownership. Active measures implemented to overcome human bias in analysis and recommendations
· Turnaround of an acquired business from losses of 7 million to break-even in 18 months
· Employee engagement; with radical honesty, radical transparency and mission command ethos incorporating extreme ownership. Culture and strategy positively entwined
· All employees trained and effective in real-world first-aid and dealing with fire emergencies etc.
· Created a brand (ARPRO) in a business-to-business environment where this is exceptional and delivered brand focus and integrity in the face of intensely competitive, commoditising area of business
· Early adoption and publication of Life-Cycle-asessment (third-party, peer-reviewed)
· Class leading, ethical competitive intelligence. Ethical base endorsed by Transparency International
· Strategy and execution
· Change management
· Profit and cash flow growth
· Product and service development
· Projection, presentations and ambassadorship
· Building and sustaining client relationships
· Risk management
· Employee engagement
· Continuous improvement
· Out-of-the-box, off-the-wall, contrarian thinking
· Product and application innovation
· Active corporate venture-capital
· Sponsorship that delivers ROI (F1, P1 etc.)
· Clarity, brevity, simplicity, ownership
French (basic) – good understanding
|Available for Assignment|