Date(s) - 09/07/2020
11:30 - 12:30
The IIM is delighted to be able to be working with Team Working International (TWI) to continue its 2020 events programme with its inaugural webinar.
A recording of the event is now available at Neuroscience of Negotiation
Negotiation is tricky, even for the most experienced professionals. Whether dealing with external or internal customers, suppliers or professional service organisations – negotiation can be a minefield, with relationships, egos and finances at stake.
As interims, we need to negotiate for our work and then negotiate on behalf of the client organisation to fulfil the assignment. Being good at it is central to our success. It needs to be a strength that we all invest time in continually, throughout our careers as interim practitioners.
Neuroscience brings its focus on the brain and subsequent impact on behaviour and cognitive functions to bear in building a new perspective to obtaining a negotiating competitive edge.
The seminar will be conducted by Tom Flatau, CEO of TWI.
Tom is an international speaker whose clients include HSBC, Louis Vuitton, American Express, Siemens, Kier, Emirates and Unilever. He trained with the Neuro-Leadership Institute and is a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership & Management.
His first degree is in Information Systems with a Masters degree in Business Analysis & Systems Design. Tom’s academic career included posts at British and American Universities. He used this experience and his later managerial career to develop the logic+emotion™ training methods that are unique to TWI Ltd.
Tom’s work is based on understanding human instincts and behaviour, derived from up-to-the-minute research in the fields of neuroscience and positive psychology. He writes extensively on leadership and negotiation and delivers international conferences.
Outline Programme: The webinar is planned to be interactive and will include every opportunity to ask questions. Please allow an hour in your diaries for the event.
Seminar Take-Aways: by the end of the seminar you will have –
- Seen science-backed techniques to generate improved margins from clients, win new accounts, get better deals from suppliers and create long-term value by building better relationships.
- Discovered the hidden emotional signals that make up 80 per cent of negotiating.
- Learned to enjoy negotiating so you come across with confidence and impact
- Identified the right questions to uncover their hidden interests
- Obtained techniques for emotional buy-in and building lasting relationships
- Understood your strengths and how to use them, banishing the fear factor
- Established the trade-off between ‘getting the deal you want’ versus ‘building better relationships’
Timings: 1130-1230 July 9th
Booking: The webinar is FREE to all, IIM Member and Non-Member alike, please register your interest here:
We look forward to seeing you there!
One-off Opportunity for webinar live attendees:
Tom and TWI are offering the opportunity to build on your webinar learning with a personal negotiation competency assessment. The service, coupled with a 30 minute feedback session usually costs £297. By attending the webinar, IIM members can purchase this service for £97 and non-members for £107.
There is no pressure to buy and you have the whole webinar to form your view.
From your negotiating psychometric assessment, you will obtain:
- Your detailed negotiation behavioural analysis
- An incisive individual coaching session
- A tailored individual negotiation development plan