Tax Defence Service
The IIM Tax Defence Service is included as part of your membership to pay for the professional costs of dealing with an HMRC investigation (up to £75,000) in the event that a formal investigation into your business is instigated. The Service is backed by an insurance policy which IPSE has taken out with Abbey Tax and the Service is available to IIM members as part of IIM’s affiliation with IPSE. The Service is designed to make sure that businesses and individuals get justice on the basis of tax law and best practice, not on their ability to pay additional professional costs.
This Service will help professional interim managers and executives with the disruptive and costly implications of a formal tax investigation in the event such a notification drops through your letter box.
The Tax Defence Service provides fee reimbursement in the event of:
- Income Tax Full Enquiries (All books & records requested by HMRC)
- Income Tax Aspect Enquiries (HMRC just interested in specific entries on the tax return)
- Corporation Tax Full Enquiries (as income tax above, but into your company’s return)
- Corporation Tax Aspect Enquiries (into specific entries on the company’s return)
- VAT Disputes Employer Compliance (PAYE/P11D/NIC) Disputes
- IR35 Disputes
- The limit of professional fees for any single claim is £75,000
Free Advice Lines
- Telephone tax & VAT helpline: (business hours) provided by IPSE/Abbey Tax and staffed by ex-Revenue and ex-Customs investigations specialists.
- Business & Legal telephone helpline: staffed by qualified solicitors and barristers and available 24-7, 365-days a year.
The helpline phone numbers are as follows:
Tax Helpline: 01788 702877 *
Legal Helpline: 01788 702871 *
Members may need to quote a special personal reference number which can be obtained from IIM member services or through your profile +44 (0) 800 030 4716